It´s a pleasure inform to you that Cuba has two therapeutic vaccines already registered for advanced lung cancer: Cimavax EGF ® and Racotumomab (Vaxira).
Both therapeutic vaccines have approval indication for advanced non-small cell (NSCLC) (primary tumor) stage III and IV, after first line chemotherapy in patients with good response and without brain metastasis. The major clinical benefits focused in terms of improvement survival and quality of life, as well as very good safety profile.
In another histological fellows of tumors that they settle in the lung or another pathologies in the lung non malignant, they have not evaluated themselves, do not exist proofs of clinical benefit of these vaccines, for that we did not recommend it.
Any patient who wants to opt for any of our treatments must send us the following documents:
A summary of patient´s medical records (translated into English or Spanish), to state:
- General patient information, name, age, country.
- Diagnosis of pathological anatomy (Biopsy).
- Immunohistochemistry of pathological anatomy.
- Other studies of molecular targets and tumor markers performed by the patient.
- Results of CT, PET / CT at diagnosis. At the beginning and at the end of therapy.
- Oncoespecific treatment received (Chemotherapy, radiotherapy, therapies to molecular targets).
- A currently patient's clinical status.
Our Oncologists will analyze those documents in order to know if the patient is candidate to any of our treatments in which case will make a Medical Program that he needs included the cost for his approval.
As you can see first need to treat brain cancer and evaluate the response to the treatment by MRI then you must send us the rest of the rest of documents requested.
Lic. Yamilé Vázquez Fernández
Commercial and International Relations Department
¨La Pradera¨ International Health Center
15th St. No. 22210 between 222 A and 234. Siboney, Playa, Havana, Cuba
Phone: (+53) 7 2725273, (+53) 7 2731441
Cel: (+53) 5 3338248